Lost urlparse (and perhaps other modules)
ihf last edited by
In the process of using Synchronator on multiple devices I managed to erase most of the Pythonista files on both my iPad and Dropbox. I did a Time machine restore of the directory to Dropbox and then did another Synchronator sync which brought (most) everything back to where it was. However, I just tried running the RSS script which uses the urlparse module and I'm getting a "not found" error. I'm don't know where this module comes from and how it could have gotten deleted and not restored. Can anyone please tell me how this happened and what I can do to fix it? Also, if I have a new iPhone and I want to get all of these files on it, is doing a Synchronator sync the righrt way or will this just delete everything on Dropbox (again)?
dgelessus last edited by dgelessus
urlparseis a module from the Python 2 standard library. In Python 3 it has been moved to
urllib.parse. There is also a function called
urllib.parsemodule. My guess would be thar you're running your script with the wrong Python version - try running it with a different version by long-pressing the play button.
You should also check that you don't have an
urllibmodule (folder or py file) in your
site-packages. That would take priority over the standard module of the same name.
Also try force-quitting and restarting Pythonista, that sometimes helps if imported modules are in a bad state.
PS: I have never used Synchronator, so I'm not able to help with that - sorry.