New Pythonista 3 App Template Error
A few months ago I got a Pythonista 3 App Template to work and uploaded my game to the App Store successfully. Since then I've tried to post another app to the App Store. I get past the validation stage and upload stage just fine but then a few minutes later apple hits me with this error:
ITMS-90048: This bundle is invalid - Your archive contains paths that are not allowed: ('init.py')
Has anybody that has downloaded my app template had this problem? Any help would awesome. Thx
JonB last edited by
Wow, those a-holes at apple really want to kill pythonista!
If apple is now invalidating python files from living within app store bundles, then without completely rewriting the python interpreter c code. Or, maybe, having the .py files stored as an encrypted format that you decrypt into the writable path (in objc code), which would mean you have to change the python paths contained in the library, which might not be possible.
JonB last edited by
On second thought, pyro was updated January 5th... You might try posting over at their forums to ask their developer if he is getting that issue.
@JonB this might be some of my own doing. I wanted to add google sheet api and Twilio messaging support in my app.
I added those files into the site packages and performed the ‘import Pythonista’ trick to all files so that no singing issues would occur.
Since these files were apart of the original template, these files my need to exist in the Script folder of the template.
I’m pretty sure when I make this switch everything should be fine.
ccc last edited by
Sooo update on this issue. I moved all my external code for google sheet & Twilio messaging into the script file thinking that would solve the issue.
And it didn’t, same error with the same naming convention. All the modules that I need have a lot of init.py files so I wonder if Apple doesn’t allow files with that name specifically or what.
So as a test I took out those files and just tried to upload my Pythonista code and it worked flawlessly. At least I pinpointed exactly what files are causing this error, but it’s sad because those modules are important for the functionality of my app.