With the console module and its ability to print links, it is very easy to create interactive text based apps that work very well on a touch screen. The links always call the same script but with different parameters.
Here are some ideas that would further improve the usage of the console module:
- Hide the console controls (input and the bar at the top). Or at least programatically hide the keyboard.
- Define a custom popup menu for links (print_link() with an optional link list that are shown in a popup menu when the link is hold).
- Get the device's orientation
- Keep imported modules loaded
- More input options for numeric or date/time values. Maybe even custom selections.
- Images with links.
- Control the scroll position - mainly scroll to top after printing.
- Suppress update of the console output until all text has been printed. Especially useful in combination with 7.
It would be great if some of these ideas could be realized in the next version of pythonista.